Broudy Printing is looking for a Press Feeder Operator to assist the Press Operator with make-ready, operating, and maintaining the sheetfed printing press. The Feeder prepares all materials for the press run and ensures paper is loaded and running properly throughout each job run.
- Retrieve printing plates from platemaking department to the press for installation.
- Assist with install of printing plates, packing sheets, packing blankets and inks.
- Ensure paper is loaded in to feeders for running jobs, as well as maintain paper supply throughout the job run.
- Provide basic assistance to Press Operator as needed to prepare press make-ready.
- Adjust press machine parts of the feeder and delivery system.
- Perform routine operational maintenance and minor repairs to equipment.
- Remove and recycle old/discarded plates.
- Willing and able to lift up to 50 pounds routinely.
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day.
- Willing and able to work overtime as needed.
- Regular attendance and punctuality are required.
- Requires basic knowledge of offset presswork procedures and materials.
- Ability to follow and take instruction to assist with press set up, operation and maintenance.
- Able to operate hand carts, pallet jacks, stackers and hydraulic feed mechanisms.
- Ability to read and follow job specifications.
- Possesses strong communication skills.
- History of performing well under pressure and capable of multi-tasking.
- Team and goal oriented.
- 1-2 years previous experience in the printing industry, preferably press department
Broudy Printing is a growing commercial printing company with approximately 50 employees, centrally located in the East End of Pittsburgh. We have served the business community with quality printing, graphics services and great employees since 1959. We provide digital printing, commercial printing, mailing and fulfillment services to our customers with total solutions.
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k) and profit sharing plans, holidays, vacation and more.
If you are looking to make a move to a progressive and growing company that offers stability, opportunity and really values its employees please apply!
To submit a resume for a position with Broudy, (posted or otherwise), use one of the following methods:
Attach a copy of your resume in PDF or text format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Human Resources
Broudy Printing Inc.
PO Box 5248
Pittsburgh, PA 15206
Upload your Resume